Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Smart People in My Professional Life

In the book "Heart and Sold" by Valerie Fitzgerald, I found the following quote:  "Great people learn from and surround themselves with smart people."  Although I've heard it said many times in various books and seminars, I set my book down and took the time to really contemplate this quote.  I became overwhelmed with gratitude as I considered the many smart people that have helped me find success in a profession that I love.  One person stands head and shoulders above all others when I think about people who have helped me in the real estate business:  Kathy Koehler.  She not only gave me my start, she was my inspiring mentor.  Her real estate 'savvy' is above compare.  I will always be grateful to her for being a great role model.  Of course, I wouldn't be where I am today without another real estate genius in my life - the greatest broker and friend - George Burns. He is amazing! This little exercise helped me realize that I've been blessed in working with some of the smartest people in the business.  I'd recommend to anyone to take a few moments to do the same.  If you can't think of someone in your network who is among the elite related to your profession, you need to start hunting.

No comments:

Post a Comment